Our History

Around 1923 the Presbytery of Milwaukee, together with a few members of the Salem Avenue (now Roosevelt Road) area of Kenosha organized a Sunday school mission to children in that part of town.  Originally run out of a storefront, the Sunday school outreach became so popular with local families that by 1925 a building had been moved onto a donated lot, worship services were being held, and the Sunday school classes for all ages were full.  The church was officially chartered on March 17, 1925.  By 1940, after expanding the building as much as possible and still running out of room, the church built a larger brick building that still stands today on Roosevelt Rd.  Pictures show adults and kids packed into every room of the church and pastor’s house for Bible study and Christian education classes.  The church had an orchestra that led the congregation in worship a passion for outreach in the community, especially for children.

The church outgrew the building again and in 1967 built the current church building (1803 83rd Street).  Though much has changed from those days, we continue to worship, learn, and serve God throughout Kenosha.  Inspired by our history of education and mission work, we live out our faith in new ways.  We are very proud of our history as a church, very pleased with where we find ourselves today, and very much looking forward to what God will do through us in the future.